About

Sometimes you need a place to tell your stories. Or whisper a secret. Or complain. Or make an announcement. Or tell a joke. Or maybe just let your friends know what you are doing at the moment. This is my place.

Hugs


*HUGS* TOTAL!
Give me some *HUGS* Click Here

Profile

Age: 26
Birthday: 22 July
Horoscope: Cancer
E-mail: cleverkiwibird@hotmail.com

Reads

Aaron
Chee Wei
Chiang Ning
Chorng Tyng
Harvard
Henn Wei
Houston
Jamie
Jason
Jeannie
Joel
Kenneth
Kim Hooi
Nicole
Peter M
Peter T
Roxanne
Sue Zen
Tom
Veron

Favourite Links

AFL Official Website
Drabbles
Facebook
Hollywood Stock Exchange
International House
Neopets
Photobucket
PostSecret
SoccerNet News
The Age Newspaper
The Star Newspaper
University Of Melbourne

adopt your own virtual pet!

Previous Stories

Story Archives

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Sunday, December 19, 2010

The next exciting thing which came along was a two week break !



I took the time off to go back to Malaysia and also drop by Singapore.



On the first weekend I arrived, it was by good chance that it was EugBear's birthday barbeque, and I managed to get information on it on time ! After a family lunch I headed out to the barbeque, and it was good fun to be chatting with friends from high school about nothing and catching up ! Time has passed pretty fast, and every year lots of things change with the group. Manage to see some people that I have not seen for years even, so it was very eventful.



A weekend of time with the family and the night market later, I spent some time at the family orchard before falling really sick ! The germs passed from SZBear and it infected the whole family. The next few days were a haze as the strong medication from the doctor got me sleeping and eating medicine almost the whole time. Fever flu and cough were all in attendance, and I was really worried that the fever would get me banned from Singapore !



Luckily the fever subsided enough for me to get on the plane. MrLaw and myself were staying at MsJeow's home after a Friday dinner at Chjimes, we used Saturday morning to tour the Singapore office and get our runner's pack. Feeling sickly, as was MsJeow, we shopped a bit for food, then retired home for an afternoon of being couch potatoes. After a great Japanese dinner, I slept early in preparation for the half marathon on Saturday. It was an effort getting up in the morning, and I still had my awful cough, but I made it to the starting point and stood for a full hour before the run started. The run started in Sentosa and went through Universal Studios, so at least I can say I have been there. However it was a challenge as the weather was much hotter compared to Hong Kong, and the roads were windy and hilly as well. I finished around 3 hours, much worse than expected !! A nice surprise was a plan to catch up with EstBear only to find out that she was in labour ! Managed to spend a day shopping in Orchard and see the baby at the Singapore General Hospital before heading back to Malaysia.



Now that I was no longer sick, I spent the time traveling around, meeting some friends, and of course relatives as well. It was good just to do nothing, but spend it just meeting people and being. Managed to catch BKT with SharBear, RaeBear and JinBear, OldTown with IzyBear, and also had a night of board games and mamak with high school friends like AndBear and YapBear.



Heading back to Hong Kong after that was a bit of a bubble bursting, as there was so much more that I had wanted to do in Malaysia. However the Christmas season was a bit cheerful, and Mom and SZBear would be around for Christmas and New Year as well. With the temperature dropping to 7 degrees at one point, HK was cold ! Hopefully the last two weeks of the year would be an easy time at work, thus freeing me just to slack off a tiny bit.

Cleverkiwibird Another story was told at 1:12 AM

|

Stories by KWBear. Hope you enjoyed your time here.